Who needs a bread bowl when you have yummy fall squash?!
This scrumptious dish (the one crock pot dish I posted a teaser of earlier on Instagram and Facebook
… Did you guess right?!) tastes just like a fajita and is perfect for the cooler weather heading our way.
I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Paleo Creamy Chicken Fajita Chili (serves 4-6)
•3 chicken breasts, boneless (marinated)
•1 box Pomi finely diced tomatoes
•1 can full fat coconut milk
•1 cub bone broth (or water)
•1 medium Poblano Pepper, diced
•1 medium yellow onion, diced
•2 cups kale, shredded
•2 cloves garlic, smashed, minced
•1 medium delicatta squash
•2 TBS FlavorGod lemon garlic
•2 TBS chipotle powder
•2 TBS cumin
•2 TBS ghee
•1 TBS red pepper flakes
•1 TBS paprika
•1 tsp pepper
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/2 cup cilantro + some for garnish
•1 avocado thinly sliced & fanned for garnish
Marinade (for chicken, overnight):
•FlavorGod everything spicy
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp pepper
•2 TBS lime juice
1. Marinate chicken overnight.
2. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
3. Sprinkle minced garlic over chicken.
4. Toss in poblano pepper and onion straight on top of chicken.
5. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, chipotle powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, pepper, & salt.
6. Wash delicatta squash, then wrap in tin foil. Place in middle of crock pot directly on top of all other ingredients.
7. Add kale to crock pot, around the squash, then top kale with FlavorGod lemon garlic seasoning.
8. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
9. Remove squash from crock pot and tin foil. Cut open, remove seeds, then scoop out meat. In a separate mixing bowl mash squash then add bone broth (or water) and ghee. Set aside.
10. Remove the chicken breasts from the crock pot, flake. Add chicken and squash back to crock pot. Stir!
11. Stir in cilantro
12. Ladle into a bowl, garnish with cilantro and avocado (and Frank’s Red Hot if you’d like), & enjoy!
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to “LIKE” my page on Facebook, and follow along on Instagram!