Y’all. These are super great. You may want to make a double batch! Perfect for post workout snack, like I did today after a run with the little man and his sister:
so here comes the recipe!!!!!! (Which was inspired by and adapted from Juli Bauer’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate cookies!)
Triple Chocolate Protein Balls
What you need:
1 cup thick almond butter
1/4-1/2 cup coconut sugar (depending on how much sweetness you want)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/2-3/4 cup carob chips or chocolate chips of choice
1 cup protein powder (I used chocolate!)
1/4 cup coconut oil as needed for consistency (this will depend on how thick your almond butter is)
1 cup coconut flakes (for coating the protein balls)
Flax seeds (optional)
What to do:
- Mix almond butter, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, protein powder, pinch of salt. Mix.
- Add coconut oil little by little until dough consistency is reached. Add vanilla and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- If you chose to use coconut flakes and flax seeds, add 1/2 cup each to a bowl and combine well.
- Scoop 1 TBS of dough and roll into a ball. Once the ball is for,Ed, coat with coconut flakes or your coconut/flax mix.
- Repeat step 5 until all dough is used!
- Refrigerate for 15-30 min. Enjoy!
For best results, store in the refrigerator. 😊