If you’re looking for a savory comfort food dish that’s sure to please, you’ve found a winner with this recipe for Venison (or Beef) Stroganoff. Who says eating Paleo or doing the 21DSD detox has to be all salads and boring foods?!…
I’m lucky enough to have a Dad that deer hunts (responsibly), and cans the venison that he harvests… Even better, he SHARES!!! So, thank you Mom and Dad for sharing some venison with us! I’ll make this for ya’ll when we visit next. 🙂
What you need:
Venison (or meat of choice, enough for 4 servings)
1 red onion, diced
1 package baby Bella mushrooms, diced
4-6 cloves garlic, smashed and diced
2 cans full fat coconut milk (Just the solid white cream. Save the liquid for a smoothie!)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar *
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional, omit for 21DSD compliant recipe!) *
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp parsley, plus more for garnish
2 TBS coconut oil, or fat (I used bacon fat, yum!)
* worcestershire sauce and/or balsamic vinegar take place of red wine in this recipe. If you aren’t on the 21DSD and want to add red wine, go for it!
What to do:
- In a hot, large, skillet, melt 2 TBS coconut oil or fat mushrooms, onions, garlic, and salt. On Medium to High heat, allow onions to caramelize and mushrooms to brown.
- Once they have caramelized/browned, add the balsamic vinegar and coconut cream to deglaze the pan & release all the flavor that got stuck to the bottom during caramelization.
- Add pepper, parsley, and worcestershire sauce if you chose to add that.
- Serve over zucchini noodles or garlic-cauli mash. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!!