Day 20 involved a Spinning class at a new gym, grocery shopping & meal prep for the upcoming week (since my Sunday prep day will be filled with teaching at my other gym & Super Bowl festivities), and concocting a dry rub recipe for some killer wings for you wonderful humans reading this. If you’re still looking for recipes for your dish to take to your SuperBowl party, look no further!
Yeah, I said it… We’re about to chow down on some ‘Seahawk’ wings tomorrow cuz the Seahawks are going DOWN!!! Go Patriots!! 🙂
I’m pulling for the Patriots because of John, and because Seahawks eat sugar… lol
And here’s my answer to the deflate gate issues:
In reality, the recipe is for chicken wings, and they’re amazing. Spicy, crispy, and wonderful. I’ll also be taking my Chipotle Rivaling Guac with paleOMG sweet potato chips, and some buffalo cauliflower florets.
(Since I’m using a paleOMG recipe, I wanna do an uber fan girl shout out to Juli who got engaged today! Congrats!!!)
Let’s recap what we ate today:
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs with sautéed spinach and avocado w/tomato
Lunch: John had a compliant salad at subway–He was at a CWP class all day.
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken with the rest of the sautéed spinach.
Day 20 Recap: Crohn’s symptoms keep subsiding. YAY! We are planning to have some adult beverages with our SuperBowl party tomorrow (which yes, this is off plan, but it’s day 21 and we’re transitioning over to how we will apply what we learned with the detox to our every day lives.) We are being responsible and accountable for our decisions and we will see how our systems handle the booze tomorrow.
NOW FOR THE RECIPE!
Chipotle ‘Seahawk’ Wings
What you need:
6lbs chicken wings
2 T melted coconut oil (or EVOO)
3 T Chipotle powder
2 T Garlic powder
2 T Onion powder
1 T paprika (mine had lime and lemon in it as well)
1 T Cumin
1 T Sea Salt
1 T Pepper
1 T Red Pepper Flakes
2 tsp Mustard Powder
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper, crushed
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish with foil and place baking rack over top the foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Thoroughly dry off all chicken wings and place on a plate or cutting board.
- Completely cover both sides of all chicken wings with spice rub.
- Optional: allow wings to get happy/marinate for 4 hours up to overnight for optimal flavor.
- Place chicken wings on baking rack. Brush melted coconut oil (or EVOO) gently over wings trying not to remove spices. (I used a coconut oil spray! BUT if you use coconut oil/spray, make sure you watch your wings closely and don’t get oil on the pan as Coconut Oil has a smoking point of 350 degrees.)
- Bake for 45 minutes, flipping wings after 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite wing sauce and enjoy!!