I love minions. And I’d like to thank them for opening my banana muffins post with their wonderful melodies. BEEEEDOOOOBEEEEDOOOOOO!
Thanks to The Civilized Caveman and his most popular recipe for paleo banana bread, John and I got to satisfy our cravings for bread while we were sick yesterday! Since they turned out amazingly fluffy, soft, and decadent, I’m going to share these lovely, paradise-like, banana clouds with you! We chose to make muffins out of them because they look like little cupcakes, and cupcakes are fun. 🙂
Banana Bread (Paleo, from The Civilized Caveman)
what you need:
4 green tipped bananas (enough to make 2 1/2 cups mashed)
1/2 cup almond butter (I did about 1/4 cup almond butter and 1/4 cup coconut butter that we had left over from the almond butter cups from yesterday)
4 TBS coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 TBS cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
what to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners, or grease loaf pan.
2. Combine bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and coconut oil in a mixer or blender.
3. Add your remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into your muffin tin or bread loaf pan, spreading evenly.
5. Place in your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes for muffins, or 50-60 minutes in a bread loaf pan. Always toothpick check 15 minutes before baking time has expired. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done!
There are many other variations of this bread you could make… blueberry chocolate chip was one that caught my eye… and I’ll need to try that pronto once the detox is over. 🙂 You could even take the second minion from the left’s suggestion and use ]sweet] potato rather than banana. Just a thought. hehe.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you loved it as much as I did, go send The Civilized Caveman some love! 🙂
Make your own 21DSD approved sunshine! 🙂