Do you or your family love chicken nuggets? Are you continuously looking for ways to hide veggies in foods so your kids (or hubby) will eat them? Look no further and make these awesome poppers! They’re sure to be a hit! 🙂
Turkey Zucchini Poppers
What you need:
Ground turkey (I used a 1.33# package)
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup coconut flour
1-2 TBS Garlic Powder
1-2 TBS oregano
Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
What to do
1. In a large skillet, melt 3 TBS coconut oil (or light cooking oil of choice)
2. While the oil is heating up, combine ground meat, zucchini, egg, and spices. Once combined, scoop out about a tablespoon of the mix at a time and form ‘nugget’ shape.
3. Once nugget is formed, place in the coconut flour mixture to ‘bread’ your nugget. Continue to make your nuggets.
4. Once oil is hot and all nuggets are formed and breaded, add nuggets to oiled skillet to cook. Cook over medium-high heat until crispy on both sides and fully cooked in the middle.
5. Serve with home made ranch dressing, ketchup, or Dijon mustard.
Keep on shining!